This Suits any white flesh fish that we target on Avenger Gold Coast Fishing Charters: Cobia, Spanish/Spotted/School Mackerel, Kingfish, Amberjack, Snapper, Teragalin (Trag Jew), Flathead, Tailor, Bonito, Tusk Fish, Pearl Perch, (plus any other legal white flesh fish you can catch). Couple of steps: Catch the fish, flour the fillets, cook the fillets, impress everyone, done. Probably add a schooner of beer or a glass of white, just because.
Click here to return to all Recipes
White flesh fish and ingredients 1
White flesh fish and ingredients 2
Floured white flesh fish
Shallow frying oil in pan
Prepared fish in the pan
Cooked white flesh fish with vegetables and rice
Cooked white flesh fish with chips and aioli
Cooked white flesh fish with chips and salad
- White flesh fish, caught, filleted and skinned if you like
- Plain Flour
- Sides: anything you like, please see our sides page here for easy to prepare sides. We mean easy, we try to stick to store bought sides, we're fishermen here at avenger fishing charters, not chefs!
- Fillet / Prepare your fish for the plate.
- Pour flour onto a dinner plate.
- Roll your fillets in the flour, covering the entire area of each fillet. Place on another plate or tray, waiting to go into the pan.
- Prepare your sides, drinks etc.
- Get your pan ready for frying by pouring a few tablespoons of vegetable oil into it, preferably one with a fairly high smoke point that works well with high heat cooking. These oils include safflower, sunflower and grapeseed oil (although if you only have canola or olive oil, they will work also, they may smoke a bit though). Pour in enough oil or butter so that the pan is completely coated, but not so much that the fish floats in it.
- Heat the pan until the oil slides around easily in the pan. You can also splatter a few drops of water in the pan -- if the water sizzles and pops, it’s ready for your fish.
- Cook the “presentation” side of the fish first. For most fillets, this generally means you want to show the diner the non-skin side. If no skin, it does'nt matter which side you cook first. Once your fish is in the pan, slide a spatula gently underneath it to prevent it from sticking.
- Cook the fish for three to four minutes on one side and then gently flip it over. Use a wide spatula and turn it carefully to prevent breaking the fish. Cook for another three to four minutes or until the flesh turns pearly white and flakes easily with a fork.
- Carefully lift the fish out of the pan with the spatula. Plate and serve it immediately with your sides. All there is to it!
Cooked floured white flesh fish with chips and salad
Our 5 hour ocean, reef and game Gold Coast fishing charter fee is $99 per person. Three boarding times are available ~ 6.00, 11.15am or 4.30pm.
Our 10 hour deep sea, reef and game Gold Coast fishing charter fee is $189 per person, however we currently require a minimum of 8 persons to book full day charters. Boarding times are 6am and 12pm.
You can book half day trips individually, pair, group, anything - We can build the party to a comfortable maximum of 12 guests.
Alternatively you can book the whole boat for your group only:
Half day fishing charter Monday to Friday is $1080 for up to 12 guests (This special price is $90 per person if you bring the whole 12!).
Half day fishing charter Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays is $1140 for up to 12 guests.
Full day deep sea fishing charter monday to friday price is $1980, weekends and public holidays $2100. Lunch is not included due to insurance restrictions, dietary requirements, personal tastes etc. Please bring any food or drink you require. Example recommended food to bring is premade and individually wrapped sandwiches or breadrolls and other individually packaged items. Making food on board is difficult, it is recommended that food is premade and easy to handle once on board.
Included in all trips is all the help and advice you want from the skipper and deckhand (just ask!), iced water, soft drinks, tea, coffee, biscuits, sunscreen, bait, tackle and quality Penn and Shimano rods and reels. You can keep, release or share legal fish you catch. If your captures are kept, they are bled, gutted, iced and bagged for your conveinience.
HOW DO I ENQUIRE, BOOK AND PAY?
Text or call 0400775511 (Phone call hours are 9am-5pm, text and email anytime) or email email@example.com. To secure your booking we require your Visa or MasterCard details. We obtain a sufficient funds approval but do not take funds unless you no-show on your booking. Payment by cash, Visa or MasterCard is taken on the boat after boarding.
Our cancellation policy: Every week we receive a large amount of excuses to cancel at short notice, ranging from sickness, emergency, family issue etc. We know things happen, they happen to us too. Please let us know if you need to cancel as early as you can. We often turn away a large amount of people leading up to your booking. If you cancel (or no-show) and we can't refill the spots then we may have to charge you anyway. We don't like to do this, we have to do this to survive as a business. We hope you understand - in the event you cancel, we try to fill your booking, if unsuccessful we will debit your Visa or MasterCard and/or cancel your gift vouchers.